Bit4 are accredited by the SSAIB (Security Systems and Alarms Inspection Board) to offer intruder alarms, cctv and access control systems. When choosing a company in Nottingham or the East Midlands for your security systems it is important to choose an accredited company.
SSAIB only certificate companies that can demonstrate technical and managerial competence through an inspection of the processes and procedures they operate.
SSAIB certification means that you can be confident in the quality of service provided to protect your business from the potentially devastating consequences of fire or crime. Increasingly insurers require evidence that all reasonable steps have been taken to mitigate risk and ensure the safety of personnel and assets within the workplace.
Bit4 an SSAIB certificated provider will meet or exceed your insurer’s requirements.
For increased confidence when buying a fire or security system you should:
- Use only SSAIB or NSI certificated companies.
- Always agree a written specification.
- Ascertain what repair or call out cover is provided.
- Ensure that you are given a Certificate of Conformity for your system. This confirms that the system has been installed to all relevant standards.
- Confirm whether you have bought or leased the system.
- Have your system regularly maintained; this may be a condition of cover.
- Seek and follow up references.
- Ensure that your Intruder Alarm System provider obtains a police unique reference number for monitored installation as this will be used to verify the alarm and initiate a Police response. Only certificated providers are able to obtain Police URNs.
There are only two organisations that can accredit security companies in the UK and they are the SSAIB (Security Systems & Alarms Inspection Board) and NSI (National Security Inspectorate) and their respective websites are detailed below. A security company claiming to be accredited, certified, or qualified by anyone else is simply misleading, untrue and will not be recognised by either the Police or your insurance company.
The SSAIB can be contacted at www.ssaib.org
The NSI can be contacted at www.nsi.org.uk